Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Joplin Tornado- Sending Prayers & an Angel


Blog post by Tina Winterlik © 2011

http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.com 

From Twitter
Breaking News
Joplin tornado update: 117 fatalities now confirmed, making it the single deadliest tornado in U.S. history


American Red Cross
You can help us respond in &continue our work in other states. Txt REDCROSS to 90999, or online:


CNNMoney.com
The tornado that devastated Joplin, Mo., killing at least 117 people, may have caused up to $3 billion worth of damage






Photos taken of the Massive Destruction- It's Chilling
http://goo.gl/9WnAt

Tina: This is just so freaky and I started crying and chills ran thru me. A real life horror story. I send you all my prayers. Especially the child crying, I thought of my little girl and how scared she would be. What a truly terrifying experience for all of you.



Uploaded by izelsg on May 22, 2011-The video i took while at Fastrip on east 20th street. We huddled in the back of the store until the glass got sucked out , then ran into the walk in storage fridge. Sorry for the lack of visuals but the audio is pretty telling of how intense the storm was. The tornado hits at around 1:20 seconds.




You can see more here
http://www.hamwx.com/?p=4685

Tina: Here is an Amazing Rainbow - I was so sad and full of despair watching and listening to these videos, it really feels like the end of the world some days, with all these terrible storms, earthquakes, Tsunami's, but then I just have to keep faith and believe there is hope, and this sign, a rainbow is my little bit of hope that somehow we can turn this world around. We can work together on Climate Change and turn things back. 



Tina: My prayers and thoughts go out to the people of Joplin, and I so very sorry that this has happened to you. I send this angel so you may find a moment of peace.

Sending Love and Prayers to the People of the Joplin, I am so truly sorry that this has happened to you. Tina & Angel  Photo by Tina Winterlik © 2011

No comments: