Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Good bye Jack R.I.P.


Blog post by Tina Winterlik © 2011

http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.com

Jack Layton- Photo by  Matt Jiggins

I was really shocked this morning to learn of Jack's passing. I had no idea he was so ill and I really feel sad that he's left us and gone onto to better things. He will be dearly missed by many people and I feel really bad for his family. Wow! He fought so hard in the election, and he was AMAZING!

He really kicked butt and of that everyone can be proud. I'm sure that gave him great satisfaction and helped him make the passage easier, it's nice to know you did some Real Good on this earth before you move along.

Poor Jack! May you R.I.P. your obits said you were a really funny guy with a great sense of humor and I figured that. I didn't vote for you because I really wanted to the Green Party to get in but if I hadn't voted Green I was going to vote for you.

Well now Jack, I'm sure you haven't run off just yet. I bet there will be little signs from you, you'll be leaving little messages/signs for people that are open to it. I know you weren't done yet, so that is why I expect these little things. My mom left me lots of little signs.

You were are really good guy and now Canada is really messed up because we don't have you fighting for us Jack. We really needed you. I'm a little scared about what's going to happen. Why oh Why couldn't the Green Party get in.

Anyways Jack if you do have any power from the other side I hope you use it and Kick a Little Butt down  here, and You Know Who I'm Talking about Jack!. We need a leader, not a dictator. So while your Knock Knock Knock in on Heaven's door, please ask Peter to send down some help, because we really need it, ESPECIALLY now that your on a well deserved permanent vacation.

RIP Jack! Say hi to my mom. She would have voted for you!! :)

Jack Layton - Photo by WilliamNorman


http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2011/08/22/pol-layton-death.html
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2011/08/22/pol-layton-last-letter.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Layton
From Wikipedia

John Gilbert "Jack" Layton, PC (July 18, 1950 – August 22, 2011) was a Canadian social democratic politician and the Leader of the Official Opposition. He was the leader of the New Democratic Party from 2003 to 2011, and previously sat on Toronto City Council, serving at times during that period as acting mayor and deputy mayor of Toronto.[1] He was the Member of Parliament for the constituency of Toronto—Danforth from 2004 until his death. Read More Here 



Jack, your obits said you loved music, so this is for you, it's meant with love and respect. Peace!




Mama, take this badge off of me
I can't use it anymore.
It's gettin' dark, too dark for me to see
I feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door.

Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door

Mama, put my guns in the ground
I can't shoot them anymore.
That long black cloud is comin' down
I feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door.

Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door

No comments: