Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Drum Is Calling Festival- Photos & Videos

Closing Ceremonies July 30 2017
It was a beautiful day, the dancing, drumming, protocols, teachings, regalia and so much more. I loved every minute of it, but I got to much sun.

Here are my photos & videos of the day.

Thank you to everyone for such a wonderful celebration of the Drum Is Calling Festival of Canda150Plus.

Putting a positive spin on a arbitrary number and recognizing the the unceded territories of the Squamish, Musqueam and Tsleil-watuth has been here for 15,000 + years.

For recognizing the many other beautiful Nations in song, dance and traditions. I was honored to attend and document today.

I was honored to witness this event and I will share it and help share it's positive message in a way of moving forward by acknowledging the darkness of the Residential schools and it's legacy as well as the Missing and Murdered women and girls but trying to focus on the positive.

To help educate and enlighten those who have open hearts and minds, especially those of the children. . I hold my hands up to you. To all my relations. O'Siem




Closing Ceremonies- Drum Is Calling Festival 2017- #1




Closing Ceremonies- Drum Is Calling Festival 2017- #2




Closing Ceremonies- Drum Is Calling Festival 2017- #3




Closing Ceremonies- Drum Is Calling Festival 2017- #4




Closing Ceremonies- Drum Is Calling Festival 2017- #5













Semoya Dancers- Drum is Calling Festival -Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2017

No comments: