Repost from here:https://www.facebook.com/events/1884893518460482/
Opening Rally in Creekside Park next to Science World followed by March ending at Vancouver Library Main Branch.
March Route: https://goo.gl/maps/H8rtmQavYEp
On the traditional, unceded, occupied territories of the səlil̓wətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) Nations.
MC - Ally Calladine, Climate Convergence
Coast Salish Welcome -
Charlene Aleck, Tsleil-waututh Sacred Trust Initiative
Kanahus Manuel - Secwepemc Warrior
Helesia Luke - Green Jobs BC
Nour Enayeh - Syrian Refugee Support Worker and Muslim Community Activist
George Heyman - BC New Democratic Party MLA
David Wong - Green Party Candidate
Grand Chief Stewart Phillip - President, Union of BC Indian Chiefs
Estea Elements and DJ KRec
Phono Pony http://www.phonopony.com/
People's Climate Movement - Canada
Map of Global Sister Marches
People's Climate Marches Across Canada
VOLUNTEER to help on the day of the March
DONATE to help us cover expenses like stage, sound, tent and equipment rentals, honorariums, promotion online and in print etc. https://www.gofundme.com/jobsjusticeclimate
Organizations supporting this march:
Union of BC Indian Chiefs
Canadian Union of Postal Workers
Public Service Alliance of Canada - BC Region
United Fishermen and Allied Workers Union - Unifor
BC Teacher's Federation
Richmond Teacher's Association
West Coast Environmental Law
Force of Nature Alliance
Sierra Club BC
Burnaby Residents Opposing Kinder Morgan Expansion (BROKE)
Pipe UP Network
Canada Philippines Solidarity for Human Rights
Join Eid Joy Committee
Welcome Ramadan Committee
Unitarian Church of Vancouver Social Justice and Environment Committees
Earthkeepers: Christians for Climate Justice
KAIROS Metro Vancouver
Our Revolution Vancouver
Protect Our Winters
Fire This Time
BC Sustainable Energy Association - Vancouver Chapter
Is your organization interested in supporting this event?
Please read the "Why We're Marching" statement below and contact Program and Outreach coordinator : Eric Lescarbeau at email@example.com
Why We're Marching (https://peoplesclimatecanada.ca/)
On April 29th we will be in the streets across Canada, in solidarity with the march in Washington, DC (https://peoplesclimate.org/), to show the world and our leaders that we will resist fossil fuel projects and policies that attack our people, our communities and our planet.
We will come together from across Canada to strengthen our movement and prepare for the struggles ahead. We will demonstrate our power and resistance in cities and towns across the country. We will bring our solutions to the climate crisis and the problems that affect our communities to our political leaders to demand Real Change, not broken promises and empty rhetoric.
We invite you to join the Peoples Climate Movement on Saturday, April 29th as we march to:
· Advance solutions to the climate crisis that are rooted in racial, social and economic justice and committed to protecting front-line communities and workers.
· Protect our right to clean air, water, land, healthy communities and a world at peace.
· Demand recognition of Indigenous Sovereignty, respect for existing Treaties and the right of First Nations to Free, Prior and Informed Consent for all projects on their traditional and unceded territories.
· Immediately take steps to support immigrants, refugees and communities of color and LGBTQ2I communities impacted by the attacks on them south of the border and by the dislocation caused by global climate change
· Ensure public funds and investments create good paying green jobs that provide a family-sustaining wage and benefits and preserve workers’ rights, including the right to unionize.
· Fund investments in our communities, people and environment to transition to a new clean and renewable energy economy that works for all.
· Protect our basic rights to a free press, protest and free speech
March with us on April 29th as we come together to resist and march for our families, our communities and our planet.
For general inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2017|
March for your children's children and your great grandchildren's children...look 7 generations ahead...what are you leaving for them...what do you want their world to be like.
We can change.
Be the Changerz.