Sunday, September 10, 2017

KINDER MORGAN, WE SAY NO! March & Rally 2017

I am so tired. Tired we have to keep having RALLIES AND MARCHES to get climate justice and social justice. It's a lot for me to film these events. My back gets sore, it's hard to hold the camera really still during the speeches, the walk is long and I often have to run to catch up to certain parts but it is critical that these events are recorded and documented and SHARED WIDELY!!! Share this around the world, have a conversation with someone.  

WE MUST STAND TOGETHER. WE ARE ONE!! 

I asked my friend to watch the news and tell me if he saw me..ha!   there was nothing even on the news about it, from what he saw. Maybe a different station but it won't surprise me.

It's called oppression. Our voices are being oppressed. Just as the colonialist banned the potlatches and arrested any gatherings of more than 3 First Nations peoples, so are the major news networks, politicians and corporations trying to oppress and ignore the masses.

We must preserve and I am so PROUD of ALL of you for coming out yesterday. 
I honor you! I hold my hands up to all of you. All my relations!

It was raining, people could have blown it off but they didn't. THANK YOU.

SPECIAL SHOUT OUT to EAGLE EYES!!



  He did an AWESOME job of MC'ing the event and I was thrilled and so blessed that Shane Point -Shane Point (Ti' te-in), xʷməθkʷəy̓əm  Elder‎ of Musqueam Nation was there and sang/chanted for us. I still get shivers, it's very POWERFUL and I don't know if everyone realized how sacred and special that was and he was so kind to share his wisdom with us. It's too bad the mic was to quiet and well I think that he would have said more but I am happy happy happy he was there. His message was powerful. I hope you listened.

Chief Bobby Joe and Bob Chamberlin


And Chief Bobby Joe -http://reconciliationcanada.ca/about/team/chief-dr-robert-joseph/  was there. After Chief Bob Chamberlin spoke they came down the stairs and stood right beside me. Bob's sister from Musgmagw Dzawada’enuwx Nation http://www.mdtc.ca/cleansing-our-waters  was there too.  I was in awe! But I got all shy (that always happens and I bug myself after for not speaking up more...) but I don't like to intrude on people. I just told him I had seen all his videos. I wanted to hug him and say how much I admired everything he had done.

I get teary thinking about everything right now. Just getting a rush of emotion from everything ...it was truly a powerful event yesterday. 

Big shout out too to MARTA I believe her name is, I don't know her last name but her brother told me she had made all these sea life & animal signs.. or helped but what ever...HOW BEAUTIFUL! AND this is ART IN ACTION! Using art to raise our voices. I loved them so much. Thank you!


Shout outs to all the women who spoke up!! 
Kanahus Manuel, grassroots community organizer from the Secwepemc Nation, founder of the Tiny House Warriors

Kanahus spoke by phone and that was an honor to her about her Tinyhouse Warriors!! https://www.facebook.com/tinyhousewarriors/
https://www.secwepemculecw.org/tiny-house-warriors

 So important the women speak and be heard! And to all the drummers! THANK YOU!

Well this is it. Soon,  praying and projecting that all goes to plan, we will be heading to Mexico for the winter to reunite with family and friend we have not seen in 5 years..the housing is just unaffordable here and my friend has some health issues so we can't share with him anymore.

So this is it for documenting events for a while..EXCEPT I am going to do my best to be at the RECONCILIATION WALK on SEPT 24 2017 http://reconciliationcanada.ca/walk-for-reconciliation-2017/  and please everyone come out for that.

Let's show we are serious about reconciliation and let's make our voices loud and proud that we want big changes and we want to protect our Mother!!

So here's video part one, it's basically the beginning and end of the RALLY and then part 2 is the March and then there's all the photos.

PLEASE SHARE WIDELY!! HAVE A CONVERSATION!

We don't want our kids to puke brown goo, like in Kalmazoo, and it's no f'king joke!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGcJ64q9BaM

And we need to Save the Wild Salmon or it's over for us.
https://tinawinterlik.blogspot.ca/2017/09/fish-farms-must-end-before-ecological.html

NO PIPELINE! NO TANKERS! POWER TO THE PEOPLE AND NOT THE BANKERS!!





It was so great to see Shane Point again. So blessed he took time out of his very very busy schedule to come down and share his wisdom with us. I remember the first day at Langara. He told us he hated to be called elder, so I always referred to him as wise one.  The Energy was Bigger than Us!  

My Langara TRC Carving Journey
http://mylangaratrccarvingjourney.blogspot.ca/

Nuts'amaat Squaluwun (One Heart, One Mind)

Selfie of me Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita and RESPECTED Musquem Elder Shane Point
I wish I had been brave enough to ask  Chief Bobby Joe for a selfie, but I don't know him well. Maybe at the Reconciliation walk, if I am so blessed. Sending love and light to you all.

No comments: