Friday, November 26, 2010

Somewhere Over The Rainbow!!

I heard this first time about 3 years ago when I was riding home in a taxi on a VERY snowy day in Nelson B.C. The cab driver told me the name but I could not remember it. I heard it a couple of times since...and then went to a site today and heard it, so I google it and looked for it on Youtube and viola! Isn't that wonderful that we can do that.

I LOVE THIS SONG! I am sad to read that the artist has passed away as I did not know. But it's wonderful to be able to go to Wikipedia and read about his life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Kamakawiwo%27ole


Israel "IZ" Kaʻanoʻi Kamakawiwoʻole (May 20, 1959 – June 26, 1997) (pronounced [kaˌmakaˌʋiwoˈʔole]) was a Hawaiian musician.

He became famous outside Hawaii when his album Facing Future was released in 1993. His medley of "Over the Rainbow" and "What a Wonderful World" was subsequently featured in several films, television programs, and commercials.

Through his ukulele playing and incorporation of other genres (such as jazz and reggae), Kamakawiwoʻole remains one of the major influences in Hawaiian music over the last 15 years

I can not embed it, but I put the Youtube link here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I


The power of the internet...it's amazing, when used for good, it can be so wonderful, we can share all the beautiful things in our lives and it's this huge wonderful library where we can remember loved ones lost and learn about amazing things. That is the key here, using it for good. Sharing and saying wonderful positive things...

No comments: