Friday, November 27, 2015

Getting Ready for the #ClimateMarch2015




So I been gathering bits and pieces of my costume that I want to wear at the #ClimateMarch and my friend goes, "What do you want to do all that for?" and I said "Well, for me it's fun and it's very important!" and he just looks at me and shakes his head like I'm cRaZy and you know what, I think that's what a lot of people are doing sadly. And I am going to straighten you out RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW. 

For those of you in Vancouver, Surrey, Sechelt, Vancouver Island, the Kootenays, the Okanagan, anyone who was stuck in their home because smoke from the forest fires was so acrid it burned your eyes and your throat.  In the morning we woke to that strange Martian Orange/Red glow. Do you remember. It was awful. I hated it!!

So while you think it might be more fun to go ride your bike, jog the seawall, kayak on the water, go for a boat ride, just a minute there sonny boy because maybe next year or the year after we might not be able to go outside and enjoy it the way we love because the fires and pollution will be all that more common or there will be flooding from the rising sea  levels, where are you going to go for your beach walk when it's under water.

Or if that hasn't convinced you, who remembers the 2 oil spills we had this summer.
 http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.ca/2015/04/burrard-inlet-english-bay-toxic-heavy.html
One that took hours to even discover the scale of it and the other small but still right in the marina where we all walk to Granville Island. The stench from the oil was cause for the City of Vancouver to block off the area and warn people to stay away from beaches while specially trained crews came to remove it. And those were small...I don't want to image a different scenario. Have your read the Impact Assessment http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.ca/2015/05/check-out-spill-impact-assessment-by.html

If you are still not convinced listen to these people speak.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27gtZ1oV4kw 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue_A4sI59CM

Painting, Digital Art, & Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2015
https://youtu.be/QC5hZuEwb60
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEBlTQ0VbS4




So above is a video of my art trying to inspire change and below here is a little how to video and some photos on how I am making my costume for the #ClimateMarch

I am trying to make a pretty headpieces similar to some we saw at Folkfest  http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.ca/2015/07/love-these-headpieces-at-vancouver-folk.html but I started to late and need more practice. But it's going to be fun and I encourage everyone to be CREATIVE!!
I CHALLENGE all you artistic nature loving souls to show us the beauty of MOTHER EARTH by representing her or one of her creatures!! I'll give you a hint- I made antlers for someone!! Ha! Ha! Have fun!!

USE YOUR ARTISTIC TALENTS TO AWE, INSPIRE, OPEN POLITICIAN'S MINDS AND PEOPLE'S MINDS. WE MUST CHANGE! 

#CLIMATEMARCH
BE THERE!!

I LOVE THIS STORY! Just use your art to Open Minds - #ClimateJustice #SocialJustice do it with love and gentleness, beauty and kindness. #Peace


The North Wind and The Sun https://www.storyarts.org/library/aesops/stories/north.html
letter N The North Wind boasted of great strength. The Sun argued that there was great power in gentleness.
"We shall have a contest," said the Sun.
Far below, a man traveled a winding road. He was wearing a warm winter coat.
"As a test of strength," said the Sun, "Let us see which of us can take the coat off of that man."
"It will be quite simple for me to force him to remove his coat," bragged the Wind.
The Wind blew so hard, the birds clung to the trees. The world was filled with dust and leaves. But the harder the wind blew down the road, the tighter the shivering man clung to his coat.
Then, the Sun came out from behind a cloud. Sun warmed the air and the frosty ground. The man on the road unbuttoned his coat.
The sun grew slowly brighter and brighter.
Soon the man felt so hot, he took off his coat and sat down in a shady spot.
"How did you do that?" said the Wind.
"It was easy," said the Sun, "I lit the day. Through gentleness I got my way."


Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2015

Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2015

Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2015

Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2015

Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2015

Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2015



Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2015


No comments: