Friday, July 26, 2024

Why I’m Considering Quitting

 

The Frustration with Instagram's Algorithms: Why I’m Considering Quitting

I’ve had it with Instagram and similar platforms like Google and Facebook. Despite all their advanced technology and algorithms, they can’t seem to tackle the simplest issues, like spam accounts. Instead, they end up penalizing legitimate users. Here's what happened to me recently:

Determined to clean up my feed, I spent a good amount of time reporting and blocking a slew of obviously fake accounts. You’d think this would improve my experience, right? Wrong. Instead of addressing the spam problem, Instagram decided to remove two of my videos, citing copyright infringement. The kicker? These were videos I created using music from Instagram’s own music library.

It's baffling and infuriating that while these platforms can’t seem to identify and block sexbots, they’re quick to penalize content creators who follow their rules. It makes me wonder if these platforms are managed by people who are too busy enjoying their success to address these critical issues.

This inconsistency and lack of support make it very tempting to walk away from these platforms entirely. I’m curious—has anyone else experienced this kind of frustration? What did you do about it? Share your thoughts and let’s start a conversation about the need for better support and fair treatment for content creators.

No comments: