Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Journey to Fluency

by Tina Winterlik with help of AI

From the Blog Adventurez in Mexico 

https://adventurezinmexico.blogspot.com



 Journey to Fluency


I'd love to take this course, it's true,

Nintendo's Spanish failed, reviews so blue.

My Spanish works, but jokes slip by,

Subtle chats, they pass, I sigh.


To improve my Spanish, a heartfelt aim,

My daughter first resisted, felt the strain.

"Stop speaking Spanish," she'd loudly plea,

Frustration faded, in play she'd see.


Kids' tongues are quick, they grasp with ease,

Her pronunciation, better than me, she'd tease.

Six months felt long for a child so young,

But immersion helps, songs unsung.


Living where Spanish leads the way,

Best for growth, come what may.

But English speakers often surround,

Total immersion, harder found.


A verb book aids, a dictionary too,

We managed fine, without a clue.

My Spanish rusty, yet kind hearts shine,

Mexican patience, a lifeline.


Long bus rides, my Spanish grew,

Forced to speak, to push on through.

Shyness fades, mistakes we bear,

Kids learn quick, no time to spare.


Immerse your child, let them thrive,

In languages, their future's alive.

For them, it's easy, a game, a play,

A gift for life, in every way.

No comments: