Friday, July 24, 2026

One Jimothy, One Birthday, and a Thousand Reasons to Create

 Yesterday was my kid's 24th birthday, and I am still smiling.

The visit was short, but it was wonderful. Cake, ice cream, presents, hugs... and one very happy mom.

They looked amazing. No dramatic goth makeup this time—just their incredible tattoos, piercings, a spectacular nose ring, beautiful hair, chunky black boots, and their own fearless sense of style. They've never been afraid to be themselves, and I love that.

One of the funniest moments was when they looked at everything happening online and said, "You should paint Jimothy."

Of course I should.

So that's my belated birthday gift to them. One painting. Just one.

Not to jump on a trend. Not to mass-produce it. Just to celebrate this strange, hilarious internet moment that has inspired thousands of people to create. Crochet, paintings, drawings, memes... it's a wonderful reminder that creativity spreads.

It also reminds me why I love my own hashtag:

#FightBackWithArt

The world can be heavy. Art gives us another way to respond—with imagination, humour, curiosity, and conversation.

If all goes well, I'll bring my one and only Jimothy painting to my Bard on the Beach booth on Saturday. If someone falls in love with it, wonderful. If not, it will still make people smile.

Sometimes that's enough.

Now it's Friday. I'm off cleaning, tomorrow The Bard. Wishing everyone a day filled with creativity, laughter, and the courage to be unapologetically yourself.

 Reflective Questions

Why do some internet moments inspire creativity instead of conflict?

Can art bring people together in ways that words cannot?

Where is the line between celebrating someone and exploiting them?

Why are we drawn to people who are different or unexpected?

What does it mean to truly be yourself?

How has someone you love inspired your creativity?

If you created just one piece of art from the heart, what would it be?

Why do humor and kindness spread so quickly when people need them most?

Can a simple painting make someone smile or start an important conversation?

How can we continue to #FightBackWithArt in our everyday lives?


#FightBackWithArt, #Jimothy, #ArtHeals, #CreativeCommunity, #BardOnTheBeach, #OriginalArt, #ArtistsOfInstagram, #SpreadKindness, #ChooseCreativity, #BeYourself



No comments: