Thursday, April 26, 2012

I want to go WWoofing!


Blog post by Tina Winterlik © 2012
tina_winterlik@yahoo.com
http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/#!/zipolita @zipolita
http://gplus.to/zipolita Google+



Been checking into Wwoofing.  Really love this idea and want to go and experience this with my daughter. I think this would be an awesome experience and a great way to experience more of Canada. What the heck is Wwoofing What is Wwoofing?  This link will tell you what it is all about.   This is what they are about though. Here is their mission statement

...living, learning & sharing organic lifestyles
Mission Statement
Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms, Canada (WWOOF Canada™) is part of a world-wide effort to link volunteers with organic farmers and growers, promote an educational & cultural exchange, and build a global community who are passionate about sustainable organic stewardship of food, animals and land while respecting nature and protecting natural resources.


So you can doing Wwoofing in Canada, or the US or Latin America, I saw some on Facebook for Israel and Switerzland so it is International.  

I really want to learn more about living off the grid while my child is very interested in animals, especially chicks and cows. I love herbs and herb gardening so I want to pursue this. 

So I am cooking up a plan. Not sure how I am going to implement yet but as soon as I do I will let you know. If you have done Wwoofing, I would love to hear about your experience or if you have been the host I would love to hear about that side too. 

Oh, there is a contest too! If your a wwoofer or thinking about wwoofing, check this out. http://www.wwoof.ca/VideoContest

Daisies by Tina Winterlik © 2012

¨Photo by Tina Winterlik © 2012

¨Photo by Tina Winterlik © 2012

¨Photo by Tina Winterlik © 2012

¨Photo by Tina Winterlik © 2012

¨Photo by Tina Winterlik © 2012

¨Photo by Tina Winterlik © 2012

¨Photo by Tina Winterlik © 2007

¨Photo by Tina Winterlik © 2007

¨Photo by Tina Winterlik © 2007

¨Photo by Tina Winterlik © 2007

No comments: