Sunday, July 17, 2011

11 MILLION HUNGRY- What Are YOU Going to Do?


Blog post by Tina Winterlik © 2011

http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.com 


 11 MILLION HUNGRY- What Are YOU Going to Do?
The word ironic keeps coming up. We had a really nice little celebration yesterday. Friends and family gathered, there was cake and song, and lots of fun. But isn't it ironic, on the other side of the world, people are starving. What can I DO? I ask myself. I really want to do something, but seriously things are so tight, I am having a difficult time. This fall things are hopefully all coming together as some opportunities are opening up for me, and then I can do more, but right now...what CAN I DO?  

I can Blog! I can shove this in your face and make you think, WHAT CAN YOU DO? I know it's so hard in the states right now. I keep hearing about the terrible struggles people are having, about homelessness and debt and how the government is cutting medicare and other social programs. I have heard and seen the terrible things happening in Greece and Europe.

In Canada, here in Vancouver went thru some terrible cuts a while back and I see the homeless people here and know the struggles of many. 

WHAT CAN WE DO?

History repeats itself. My mom passed away four years ago, but I learned so much from her. She grew up in very hard times. She was born in 1930 and lived thru some of the hardest years of the Great Depression. I remember her telling me, there was no food in the house and they had to go to the neighbours to get some bread. Scary times.

Do you remember Farm Aid, Band Aid, and Live Aid. Live Aid happened in 1985 to help Famine Relief in Ethopia.

Well Lady Gaga and some other people better get their butts in gear and help the people in Africa.

Let's do a Live Aid- Online, get people to donate!!! Do a Week Marathon or something CraZy & BiZaRre. Full of peoples favourite stars.



Prince William and Kate were just here and I hope they are listening and will do there part. All you Movie Stars and TV stars making millions per show...WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO???

It won't happen by itself, we have to make it happen.
It's going to take a Rock Candy Revolution 



I remember talking to my mom about the people starving in Africa, she said there having always been starving people in Africa. There were starving people when she was little and they were as an adult. WHY?


Why can't we feed everyone? Is is all Global Warming, is it War, Corruption, lack of compassion, what is it, that some people are SO RICH, and some SO POOR!

So I am asking you, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? I don't want to have the same conversation with my little girl, that I had with my mom. So let's do something.

I'm blogging, maybe I'll make a video, write some letters, tweet it, sign a petition...make a donation from the little we have...but we HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, and we have to do it NOW!!!

Please Share this!!! We Can & Must Do Something about this!!

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/07/17





11 million HUNGRY

No comments: