Monday, July 11, 2011

LOVE IS BETTER THAN MONEY!


Blog post by Tina Winterlik © 2011

http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.com 

This video was created last year when we returned from our second winter in Mexico. So these photos were from the first journey the year before. It was a tricky journey. Lots of people thought I was crazy. I just knew in my heart it was critical my little girl needed to get to know her Mexican father but more importantly learn her culture and the language. You can't learn that in a two week trip. You need to be immersed. So that's what we did. We landed in Cancun and bused it down to Zipolite, stopping at Merida, Palenque, Agua Azul, Mishol-ha, and San Cristobal. I believe it gave her a wonderful glimpse of how gorgeous Mexico is.

I have created 74 videos and you can find some of  them on Vimeo and the rest are on Youtube. I hope you'll check them out. I started to make a 2 hour film and it's in progress, so stay tuned.

If you have any questions please contact me, and be sure to check out my blog Adventurez in Mexico http://adventurezinmexico.blogspot.com/



I just love this song by Mysti Mayhem, BETTER THAN MONEY, the words love is better than money just summed up everything so beautifully because it really was how I felt. The 'LOVE FOR MY DAUGHTER IS SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN MONEY.'

I was totally into just living in a little room on the beach, basically camping almost, no fridge, just a cooler, and making do with what we had. We had a fantastic time. It wasn't always easy, we really had a small budget so it was stressful at times, but we were basically adopted and felt very  loved by the Mexican family we rented from and the people  there and friends we met helped so much.  I would love to go back, I hope to soon.

No comments: