Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Rick Mercer Swimming w/ the Salmon Video


Blog post by Tina Winterlik © 2012
tina_winterlik@yahoo.com
http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/#!/zipolita @zipolita
http://gplus.to/zipolita Google+




I just LOVE RICK MERCER!  You know how they ask which celeb would you like to meet! He's the one. He's so funny! and smart and cheeky! Anyways check out this SUPER GREAT VIDEO about "SNORKELING  with the SALMON!"

With the news that the Cowichan River is drying up and that The Cowichan Tribes have actually stopped fishing (something that is very sacred and the core of their livelihood, I wanted to share this video as it shows how truly amazing these fish are!!



Please visit One Cowichan.ca  https://www.facebook.com/OneCowichan  They also have a Facebook page and these videos are from there. This one is a must see.



 "From One Cowichan Facebook page "Patti Delisle expresses her concerns over the effects that could be experienced by her community as a result of the cancellation of the traditional food fishery."

 Please watch and share this because she speaks very frankly about the devastating effects these events will have and it's powerful.

Here they are releasing Salmon they rescued



In less than a week they've gotten 638 signatures which shows people do care and are concerned but please let's keep it going.  

Please share this info & get your friends and family to sign the petition. http://www.onecowichan.ca/ 

 It's critical for the Cowichan Tribes, for the Salmon, for the Cowichan river and all the plants, animals and creatures that depend on it and for all the people like my daughter and I that had such wonderful times on it this summer.

See Related Links :

SAVE THE COWICHAN http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.mx/2012/10/save-cowichan-river.html

Cowichan River Heading for Disaster http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.mx/2012/10/cowichan-river-heading-for-disaster.html

I just wanted to add something here, this summer when we went WWOOF'ing, it wasn't all peaches and cream. There were issues, as there always is when your trying to adapt to an new environment. At one point when my daughter and I were being really stressed out about something that occurred on the river, I was shaking my head and my little girl had asked thru tears..."Why is this happening Mommy? "and I was asking God and the universe in general "Why did was I brought here?" "Why was I being put in this position?"  but now I know. 

It was for this. So that I could take the photos and video that I did and to have the wonderful experiences along with the occasional turbulence so that I could share with you. So that I had a way to communicate the beauty of the Cowichan River and I could do my part and help where I could to help the river, the forest, the salmon, the people.  I am doing what I can....Are You?

I also wanted to add that we were so grateful the whole time we were there and that we appreciated the Cowichan River, knowing that at anytime we may have to cut our journey short and leave, so every minute we spent at the river we treasured it deeply. 


Photos by Tina Winterlik © 2012

Photos by Tina Winterlik © 2012

Photos by Tina Winterlik © 2012

Photos by Tina Winterlik © 2012

Photos by Tina Winterlik © 2012


The Cowichan River is truly a magnificent sight and experience and I pray that the rains come and it grows and there is plenty of water for the Salmon and everyone. I hope you'll take a minute and say a prayer too and please sign that petition so that the river will be better managed. THANK YOU!

No comments: