Thursday, August 18, 2011

An Encounter with Ron Hedrick- The Artist- So Exciting


Blog post by Tina Winterlik © 2011

http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.com

Something Super Cool happened last week. I was riding around Stanley Park and we stopped to take a rest at one of the beaches. I was so surprised to see this family all dressed in these pretty summery clothes, and I grabbed my camera. I couldn't believe my good fortune.

Photo by Tina Winterlik © 2011

Photo by Tina Winterlik © 2011

I noticed there was a photographer and I just casually took photos from afar. Then I had to go see what my child was up to, so I was following her on the beach. I saw the moms changing the little girls dress and I asked the photographer if he was shooting for a store. "No, " he replied "I'm an artist and I take the photographs to paint them later!"


"Really!" I said excitedly "I'm a photographer and artist too, but not like this! You mean you make big oil paintings right!" he said "Yes!" "Oh," I replied "I would love to do that, I have always wanted to, I can paint watercolours but I can't do faces." I asked him his name and he told me Ron Hedrick http://rhedrick.com/ . I asked if I could have a card and as soon as I got home I googled him.
Photo by Tina Winterlik © 2011
Well you can imagine how impressed I was. I just LOVE his paintings and he's an instructor as well and well my mind just started racing. I am a fabulous daydreamer and I was having all sorts of wild ideas about how I could help him with Social Media and he could help me learn how to paint and maybe teach Angel how to paint and WOW, let me tell you it was a fantastic feeling. 

Photo by Tina Winterlik © 2011

Anyways, I quickly put all the photos into PhotoShop and played with them for a bit, then put them into a video and put it on Youtube and then sent off an email asking for permission from him and the family to use the photos in the video and on my blog, and asking to do a blogpost on him. 

And so here below are the photos I took and the video I made. I think they turned out really well and if you saw them really enlarged you would see the effects more clearly.

Now the fun part will be to get the materials and actually try to paint them. I believe in myself, I believe I can paint these or similar ones. I did a couple of murals on Angel's bedroom walls and they turned out quite nice. The only oil painting I did was in high school, nearly 30 years ago now...I did a dabble with an acrylic a little while ago, but was not impressed ...so we will see, but I am super excited to try. 



Do You Need a Family Portrait? Or a Video with beautiful Photos of your family?

This experience really inspired me to focus on doing Family Portraits again. It's been a while but if your interested please don't hesitate to contact me. 

No comments: