Sunday, August 14, 2011

Want a Woodland House?


Blog post by Tina Winterlik © 2011

http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.com

Watched part of something called Aftermath  on TV last night. Not a pretty thought. http://www.history.ca/video/default.aspx?releasePID=DJeyc9qP1DhSdWbNZ92xZfWCfEYBMB1n

I only saw the end, they were talking about Over Population and it was scary and sad and WOW, If we think we have problems now...

Anyways, Sundays for some reason get me off on these super deep subjects and I don't want to be too heavy first thing this morning, so let's keep it light, and think about this lovely little cottage and how we can lighten our footprint on Dear Old Mother Earth.



A low impact Woodland House
Check out the videos below, Simon is very wise and I love what he says.
http://www.simondale.net/house/index.htm
You are looking at pictures of a house I built for our family in Wales. It was built by myself and my father in law with help from passers by and visiting friends. 4 months after starting we were moved in and cosy. I estimate 1000-1500 man hours and £3000 put in to this point. Not really so much in house buying terms (roughly £60/sq m excluding labour). Read More Here


Interview with Simon Dale. Part of Future Ethics, a workshop series on 'climate change, political action and the future of the human'. A Project of the Lincoln Theological Institute (www.arts.manchester.ac.uk/lti)



Want To See More?

Plans of the house
How we did it
Why we did it
The family's perspective
The NEW HOUSE we're working on now!

If you have any questions or comments please post them in the forum. Want to know more? Want to make one?
If you would still like to send an email send it to:
house (at) simondale (dot) net

or phone me (simon) on +447773372280

No comments: