ELECTIONS COMING!
Don't vote for Carney again!
Or Eby, there is NO HOUSING!! But money foe AI
TALK TALK TALK...
IT'S GETTING COLD!!!
$162 million for AI. meanwhile, people are getting cold.
On September 25, the federal government announced up to $162 million over five years for Mitacs, supporting 10,000 AI-related work placements for students, recent graduates and postdoctoral fellows.
And yes, I know Ottawa is spending money on housing too. The government points to billions through Reaching Home, Build Canada Homes and other housing programs.
But here is what I keep asking:
What about the people who are already outside?
Not people who might be able to buy a home someday.
Not investors.
Not another housing project that will take years.
People who need somewhere warm, safe and affordable NOW.
Winter doesn't wait for another five-year plan.
I look at these enormous announcements and wonder who our governments are actually building this country for.
AI. Infrastructure. Economic growth. Investment. Productivity.
All important.
But what happens when a Canadian can't afford a room?
What happens when someone is 60, 64, 70 or 80 and homeless?
What happens when the rent eats the entire income?
What happens when there is nowhere to go when the temperature drops?
You can tell me the government cares about homelessness.
Show me.
Give people housing they can actually afford.
Give people somewhere safe to sleep.
Make housing a reality for the people at the bottom of the income ladder — not just another economic strategy.
Because I am tired of hearing about Canada's future while watching Canadians struggle to survive the present.
And when election time comes, I will remember what governments chose to prioritize.
So should you.
Look at the money.
Look at the priorities.
Look at who is still outside.
Then make your own decision about your vote.
No comments:
Post a Comment