greens, we need you more than ever πΏ
I have always voted Green.
Except now I live in Surrey and there are no Greens running here. πͺπͺπͺ
And honestly, I miss having that choice.
Because look around.
Housing is a mess.
Climate change isn't waiting.
People are struggling with the cost of living while governments keep talking about growth, investment and big projects.
But what about the people who can't afford a home?
What about renters?
What about people living outside?
What about the environment we're leaving behind?
This is why I'm paying attention to Emily Lowan, the new BC Green leader.
She's a climate organizer, a renter and has worked on housing, labour, Indigenous issues and corporate accountability.
Her platform puts housing, climate, healthcare and economic fairness right up front. πΏπ
Compare that with the bigger political conversations happening around Carney federally and Eby provincially.
Different parties. Different approaches.
But I keep coming back to the same question:
Where are the people who can't afford to keep up?
We need Green voices asking that question.
We need people in government who will keep pushing housing and climate even when those issues get pushed aside by the next shiny announcement.
I don't expect any political party to magically fix everything.
But I absolutely want the Greens at the table.
And I want to see what Emily Lowan brings to that table.
Now...
WHERE ARE THE GREENS IN SURREY?! πͺπΏ
That's what I want to know.
what issues matter most to you this election?
π housing
πΏ climate
π₯ healthcare
π° cost of living
π transit
π protecting our environment
Let's talk.
Reflective questions
1. What does affordable housing actually mean to you?
2. Are governments doing enough about the housing crisis?
3. How important should climate action be in this election?
4. Can economic growth happen without leaving people behind?
5. Should housing be treated primarily as a home rather than an investment?
6. What should governments do about homelessness?
7. Do smaller political parties bring important issues into the conversation?
8. What do you want your MLA to fight for?
9. Why are some communities left without candidates from certain parties?
10. What kind of British Columbia do we want to leave for the next generation?
#BCGreens #EmilyLowan #HousingCrisis #ClimateAction #AffordableHousing #CostOfLiving #Healthcare #SurreyBC #BCPolitics #GreenParty
No comments:
Post a Comment