Wednesday, April 13, 2011

HOP & The Country Bunny


Blog post by Tina Winterlik © 2011

http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.com 

So I had the best time this afternoon, my little cherub treated  me to a movie.

She had saved up her money and was going to buy a toy but then the discussion turned to the movie and the next thing I know she said she would pay for me.

Isn't that sooooooo SWEET! She definitely a good little girl and I appreciated her generousity. We had a lot of fun. It was nice to go and just loose myself for that short 1hr 30 min, but it was definitely a Special Mom and Daughter time I will always remember and treasure. 


It's definitely a Hollywood Movie, (I mean besides the fact it's set in Hollywood ;) with ups and down and good and bad and embarrassing parts, where Angel was covering head with her coat and then sitting up straight and laughing out loud with amazement and joy. 

If you've seen it, can you guess what part that was. 


I really loved it, it was sort of Willy Wonka feeling to it and well Easter has always held a very Special  Magical charm for me, ever since I read The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes

Do you know that story, it's so beautiful. They should make that into a film, now that's a beautiful powerful story, http://www.amazon.com/Country-Bunny-Little-Gold-Shoes/dp/0395159903 (be sure to read the reviews at the bottom of this page.) by DuBose Heyward

Check out this Review
Every Day is Wednesday Blog- Feminist Hero 
Illustrated Marjorie Flack
Illustrated Marjorie Flack
Marjorie Flack


I have an old set of Junior Colliers from when I was a kid and my little girl just read it. I'm so glad, as it's a lovely balance to Hop. Check them both out and you'll see what I mean.

One thing I really really loved was that Hop was a drummer, Angel is just learning to drum, she's learning the Samba and so it's so Special that we would go an see a movie with so much drumming in it. 

The other cool part was the Easter Island, she was asking all sorts of questions about it and didn't realize it was a real island before and when we saw the trailer and started talking about it, I told her that it was real, and heard something about the Tsunami hitting it, so this started more questions. So I like that part of it too!



Hop



No comments: